Get Your Six-Word Memoir T-Shirts!
SMITH has partnered with Spreadshirt to create custom T-shirts from every memoir in our bestselling book, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure. Browse through some of our faves, or dig in to find your own. You can also create shirts with your own six-word memoirs: just click on the 'design your own shirt' link above.
All Pages - # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- "On and on and on and"
- "Where the hell are my keys?"
- 18 years old, first kiss uncertainty.
- 3000 miles away from the truth.
- 70 years, few tears, hairy ears.
- A Brooklyn lawyer. Sewer to Sue-er.
- A crush on Susan Sarandon. Unrequited.
- A daydream, or so it seemed.
- A man, a plan, hot damn.
- A sake mom, not Soccer mom.
- Accidents cause people - son is wonderful.
- Act two curtain brought dramatic improvements.
- Adolescence was tough, but adulthood sucks!
- Adopted? Are you fucking shitting me?
- Affection. Erection. No protection. Injection. Infection.
- Afraid of becoming like my mother.
- Afraid of everything. Did it anyway.
- Afraid of mirrors, too many marshmallows.
- After Harvard, had baby with crackhead.
- After Manson, my life became dull.
- After which he was never sane.
- After your jump, the net appears.
- Age eleven: became a middle child.
- Age grows, I've finally accepted me.
- Aging late-bloomer yearns for do-over.
- Alas, a farewell to legs. Next!
- Alaskan hippie kid. Escaped via PhD.
- Alive 38 years, feels like 83.
- All Day I Dream About Sex.
- All of my students hate me.
- Almost nothing was under my control.
- Alone at home, cat on lap.
- Always even keel except when sailing.
- Always working on the next chapter.
- American backbone, Arab marrow, much trouble.
- An unusual turn of gender circumstances.
- And I never did sober up.
- Angry guy gets law license, sues.
- Any greenhorn can garden in Iowa.
- Arab hillbilly goes to New York.
- Arms: full. Life: not so much.
- Arthur-ectomy taking years! Beware: wed cautiously.
- Artsy married Fartsy has two kids.
- Arty dad, rocker mom, crazy childhood.
- As a child, nomadic. Now, static.
- Asian, white trash Scranton. Let's Polka.
- Asked and answered asshole, next question.
- Asked to quiet down; spoke louder.
- Aspiring lady pirate disillusioned, sells boat.
- At the end of normal street.
- Ate caterpillars. Still won't grow up.
- Atheist alcoholic gets sober through god.
- Awkward girl takes chances. Fun ensues.
- Awkward in that cute, endearing way.
- Baby dyke now raising two babies.
- Bad reputation, such a good girl.
- Bank robber, prison-humbled, confesses all.
- Baptist Mom. Jewish Dad. Atheist. Surprised?
- Barrister, barista, what’s the diff, Mom?
- Battled the bulge, became food crItic.
- Beach mama blissfully buoys burgeoning brood.
- Beat death thrice. Still not religious.
- Became more like myself every year.
- Became my mother. Please shoot me.
- Beloved child of God diagnosed schizophrenic.
- Better living through chemistry, sans love.
- Big hair, big heart, big hurry.
- Big heart protected by sharp tongue.
- Big nose, British chicken legs: beautiful!
- Big, little sister, stuck in middle.
- Bipolar at 12, lithium at 36.
- Bipolar secretary girlfriend mama hen oddball.
- Birth, childhood, adolescence, adolescence, adolescence, adolescence…
- Blade cuts, blood runs, scars remain.
- Blinked! Winked! .. I am halfway through!
- Blonde always thought she was adopted.
- Born a twin, died a loner.